We follow the same adoption process as SpokAnimal – plus we’ve added a few screening protocols of our own.
1. Meet the cats – We require all potential adopters to schedule a Kitty Date. Reservations can be made here on our website.
2. Fall in love and “sleep on it” – If you fall in love with a kitty, let the cat-caretaker know and discuss the waiting period. We do this to maximize the chances of a successful long-term adoption. The cat will be off limits to other adopters during this short period.
3. Set a date – You will be asked to reach out the next day to confirm your intentions. If you are still in love, then we will work with you to set an adoption date! We need to set it on a day that one of our certified adopters are available either before or after the Kitty Lounge hours.
4. Fill out paperwork – SpokAnimal provides us with an adoption packet for each cat. After completing the paperwork, a shelter adoption fee is collected.
5. Bring home your new family member – Finally you will be able to scoop up your little one! If you want to be on our adoption wall we will take a picture of you and your kitty in the Kitty Lounge then you’re on your way!